The origins of our hospitality
The history of Roccat is the story of the Codello family from Valdobbiadene, who in 1929, – after dividing the property between brothers, as was traditional in those times, – moved to their share of the property in “Rocat e Ferrari” Road. This was an ancient road, built by the family in the late 18th century in order to have access to their respective pieces of land.
The Codello farmhouse was just before the “Crosera ai Santi”, the junction that was named after the votive images painted on two trees on either side of the road: Sant’ Antonio da Padova (Saint Anthony from Padua) and the Sacred Family.
It was in their name that the Codello family dedicated their first inn, called “Betola ai Santi” in which locally produced wine was sold and where locals and passers -by were made welcome with the typical Codello hospitality, which today is still one of the family characteristics.