Pumpkin And Amaretti Risotto
A Winter risotto made by chef Rosie MacKean
If you visit Conegliano Valdobbiadene in winter, you’ll find our local restaurants proudly displaying and cooking beautiful pumpkins. This seductively smooth risotto is enlivened by the nutty crunch of amaretti. Perfect with richer styles of Prosecco Superiore, and for snuggling into winter evenings.
Follow the IG live on November 17th when we’re going to taste six different Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore DOCG and talking about why they are such a great match with food with Sarah Abbott MW and Rosie herself.
More info about the event here.
- 180g Arborio Rice
- 1.2l Stock
- 1 Small Onion Finely Chopped
- 60g Butter, Diced
- 200g Delica Pumpkin, Peeled And Diced Into 1.5cm Pieces
- 40g Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Crunchy Amaretti Biscuits
- 125ml Prosecco Superiore (reserved from the bottle you’re having with dinner!)
– Finely dice the onion then add to the pan with the olive oil and butter
– Add a touch of sea salt and gently cook until soft
– Add the diced Delica pumpkin to the pan and briefly fry with the onions
– Add the Arborio rice, stirring to coat and toast in the butter and oil
– Add the Prosecco Superiore and stir until completely absorbed by the rice
– Begin to add the stock, one ladle at a time, until the pumpkin begins to soften and the rice is cooked
– Remove from the heat and beat in the grated Parmesan and the butter
– Finish with a sprinkling of crushed Amaretti biscuits and serve with a glass of Prosecco Superiore